Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year!

Goodbye, 2010, and hello, 2011!
I cannot believe that a year has gone by. So much has changed, so much has happened in the past 12 months in my life and the lives of those around me. Degrees earned, new homes, hearts broken, new lessons, friends lost, hearts healed, new jobs, new friends, new experiences.
For the first time...
...I signed a lease
...I sprained my ankle
...I started a full-time job
...I went to a friend's funeral
...I went to a zoo at night
...I paid a rent check
...I co-authored a publication
...I earned a post-secondary degree
...I went to a friend's wedding (among many other things)
There have been many things to be profoundly sad about and many things to be profoundly happy about, but all in the end, it was a year. Oh, and what a year!

This year, I rang in the new year with friends from the DC area. Several of us got together, left DC at around 6:45 am on New Year's Eve and drove out to a state park in rural Maryland to go cross-country skiing! It was absolutely amazing. For just $20 a pop, we rented skis, poles, and shoes, and set out into the woods along some beautiful trails for 3 or 4 hours of ridiculous amounts of fun! I would say that it was tranquil, but our explosions of laughter and the silly screaming as we went "speeding" out of control on downhill slopes and around turns kind of ruined the quiet that would have otherwise settled into the woods that we explored that day. Take a look!

A new fun experience with awesome new friends...what could be a better way to spend New Year's Eve?
Here's to a wonderful 2010 full of growth and change, new and old dear friends, a beautiful loving family, and here's to an exciting 2011 to come! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment