Sunday, September 5, 2010

yet another epic to-do list!

as i said in my last post...which i posted within the last 30 minutes, a to-do list is in order! if you remember, i did this before i left to study abroad: i made a list of all the things i hoped to do in france, and now i'm going to do the same thing for the d.c. area! it gives me a sense of accomplishment and reminds me to take advantage of the things i see around me. here we go!

- attend the H Street Festival on Sept. 18 [x]
- go to a free Millenium Stage performance at the Kennedy Center
- go to the Lucky Bar at Dupont Circle for a free salsa lesson
- attend the National Book Festival on the Mall on Sept. 25 [x]
- go to a concert [x, La Roux at the 9:30 club!]
- perform at an open mic night
- go to the Eastern Market
- attend the National Cherry Blossom Festival [x]
- go to Kramerbooks to listen to live music on a weeknight [x]
- host a party at my house [x]
- wear my green floppy hat in downtown D.C. in a non-ironic way
- go on a trail run in Rock Creek Park
- eat at Julia's Empanadas [x]
- compete in a local race, at least a 5k
- see the sunrise in downtown D.C.
- attend Chinese New Year festivities in downtown D.C.
- try Ethiopian food [x]
- watch an independent film [x]
- go to a national embassy[x, Sweden!]
- run a timed mile, try to get under 5:20 (my fastest mile time to date)

No comments:

Post a Comment