Thursday, September 2, 2010

wedding bells and lobster

As if signing a lease, graduating from college, and obtaining a policy research fellowship weren't enough to make me feel like an adult...I attended my first wedding where the bride or groom was a friend of my age! My friend Claire married her handsome, very funny and kind Chilean fiancé, Oliver, in Portland, ME in a lovely cathedral church on August 28th. I have to admit, that thinking about the wedding almost made me more nervous than the thought of moving to DC, just because it was a moment that seemed so distant in terms of life experiences.
It was perfection.
I drove up from NJ with Sara, and the two of us, Colette, Libby, and Steph all stayed in an adorable room full of beds at Colette's grandparents' home in Cape Elizabeth which was only about 20 minutes away! As weddings tend to be, from what I hear, it was a lovely opportunity for us to have a mini-reunion before we all headed our separate ways indefinitely and to celebrate a friend's beautiful future with her husband!




1 comment:

  1. Don't I miss Main so much? Especially Ogunquit...rock shore with morning mist, calm and simple air of the town..

    ReplyDelete