Tuesday, February 7, 2012

sick

I took a sick day today; thinking that the ill feeling I had this morning was just a result of grogginess, I went to work anyway, and then promptly left the office and got home to climb back into bed before 10:30 am. I then slept for 5 hours straight before waking up and still feeling kind of poopy.

Part of the reason that I feel so run-down is that I've been working my butt off on a major report on social and demographic trends and the gender pay gap over time, and the deadline was on Friday...meaning last week and the week before, as well as the last few weeks before then have been really REALLY intense days at work. I've been learning an awful lot, however, and I was able to write a full chapter of the report (on low-wage work and the gender pay gap).

After months of data analysis, outlines, drafting, more data analysis, tables and figures in Excel, and writing and editing...we finally submitted a draft to the Women's Bureau!*
*the draft is confidential until published by the Women's Bureau of the Department of Labor, but should anything final come out of it, I will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and so proud of you. You are gradually developing your professional area in your research with physical outcomeS! It amazes me how you are doing these days, AND I LOVED WHAT YOU COOK and how you presented your beautiful dishes!!!!
    Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete