Tuesday, March 13, 2012

top ten videos

While I often feel saddened by the attachment that our society has developed to our electronics, media, and various portable technological accessories, I have to say that I also feel grateful for the increased awareness (though sometimes misguided and misinformed) of all things that open and increased access to information has enabled.

I spend an embarrassingly large amount of time each day reading articles, watching YouTube videos, following memes, etc., but I like to think that it has been productive on most days, by making me laugh, making me cry, making me smile, making me angry, or making me scratch my head.
For this reason, I've decided to compile a list of my top ten favorite videos, found on the internet:

1. This marriage equality advocacy piece from GetUp in Australia.

2. This parody of the big honchos reactions and behavior following the BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico on GOOD's blog.

3. Dancing Matt's "Where the Hell is Matt?" videos. Particularly the one from 2008 because I love the song.

4. This amazing beatboxing performance.

5. My college friend Sam Haynor's short film "The Janitor."

6. Secretary Hillary Clinton's speech at the 2011 Human Rights Convention in Geneva.

7. This incredible and moving speech from Severn Suzuki, a 12-year old girl from Canada, the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development.

8. This video history (documentary) of the gay rights movement in the United States, by Ryan James Yezak.

9. An "African" version of Paradise or "Peponi" by Coldplay, performed by the Piano Guys and Alex Boye.

10. Rha Goddess' "Advocates Anthem"

No comments:

Post a Comment