Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It feels like autumn...

...and the nerves start to settle in.
I am captaining the Whiptails this Fall with Geetha and Gabrielle, two of my good friends from the team, and while I'm excited to be back on campus and to have the opportunity to have a leadership role on the field with a game that I've been playing for about 7 1/2 years now, I have to say that I'm really nervous. 
We've already been having team members doubt our decision-making and I really just want to do a good job, and make sure the team is happy...which is probably the most difficult task of all. We don't all have to be happy, but I know what it feels like to be on a team where the only reason you're still on it is because you love the game but the people on it make you want to run away screaming. I don't want that to happen. I guess I'll just have to work together with my co-captains and make the decisions we feel are best, take a deep breath, and keep going.  

On the other hand, I'm excited about my classes! I'm taking Development Economics, Myth and Memory in Modern France (in French), Elementary Spanish I, and Urban Politics (but this one's tentative, I'm also looking at two other classes for my multicultural requirement which look interesting, Korean-American Literature and Culture in the American studies department and Native America in the history department). Should be a great semester academically!

My mom and I did a little shopping today, for groceries, things we need at the house, and then a pair of shoes for work/interviews for me, and then a pair of leather clogs. Weird, I know, but I have to say that I love them. My style seems to be changing. Well, believe it or not, but we got 3 PAIRS OF SHOES FOR $7.50!!! I got a pair of brown Aerosoles pumps, a pair of leather Clark's clogs, and my mom got a pair of nice brown heeled loafers. Yeah. I think at regular price the whole thing all together would have cost at least $200. NICE. Best thing ever: my mom tried to tip the sales girl because she felt kind of bad for getting such nice shoes for such a low price, hehe, but she couldn't accept it. I love my mother, she's so kind. I hope I'm just like her some day. 
Well, now I'm off to meet my good friend Malissa (from CAWP) for dinner, one last time before I head back up to Wellesley!

...and packing duties remain on hold. Yikes. 

Workout post:
2-mile run (a little sore today)

No comments:

Post a Comment