Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LIFE.

Anyone: So, what are you doing next year?
Me (yesterday): I have no idea.
-
Anyone: So, what are you doing next year?
Me (now): I'M MOVING TO D.C., BEEYATCH!

I don't actually call people "beeyatch"es. Most of you know that. However. I'M MOVING TO D.C., BEEYATCH! I'm trying to stave off thoughts of all the random things that I'm going to have to do to prepare to move there, but it's tough stopping the flood of concerns and questions that come to mind. It goes a little something like this:
whereamigoingtolivewillibeabletosurviveonmystipendwillibeabletoplaylultimate
But for now: celebration!! It is a 9-month policy research fellowship at the Institute for Women's Policy Research where I'll be working as a general research assistant on various projects concerning such women's policy issues as work conditions for low-income women, policy needs for women affected by Hurricane Katrina, paid family leave, income support for older women, and many others. The more I think about it, the more excited I get.

If anyone has any Wellesley alumnae or friends I can talk to about housing/life tips in Washington, D.C. please send them or their contact information my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment