Tuesday, October 19, 2010

published.

This afternoon, my supervisor at work, the Research Director at the Institute for Women's Policy Research, called me into his office in a quiet, rather serious-sounding voice, so I was worried that something was wrong or that we had found some gross error in one of our projects. He told me to pull up a seat and then turned his computer screen towards me.
He had the title page of the final draft of a report that we had been working on pulled up on the screen, and he asked, "Would it be alright if I did this?"

And he typed my name in as the third of three co-authors for the report to be released in the next few weeks.

[ cue internal freak-out, squealing, screaming, clapping, and overall excitement ]

"Sure, that would be great" I replied, calmly.

THAT'S RIGHT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I AM OFFICIALLY A CO-AUTHOR OF ONE OF THE PUBLICATIONS OF THE INSTITUTE FOR WOMEN'S POLICY RESEARCH.

I can't tell you what it's about as the content of our reports are confidential until the official release date, but I'll let you know when it's available to the public!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a very very snobbish mother this time. I knew this will happen to my Min when she was heading to IWPR because that's who she has been since she was very samll. Min, you have a good boss! Cannot wait to read your paper! Proud of you, proud of you!

    ReplyDelete