Monday, October 25, 2010

nostalgic elation

My friends and family, you've seen me happy before. But photos from Regionals from the end of the club season have just been posted at ultiphotos.com and the photographer, Kevin LeClaire, captured some frames of the happiest I have ever felt in my entire life.
I know that sounds like an exaggeration, considering that it was from an ultimate game, and I feel weird saying that the "happiest moment of my life" was from a sport and not from seeing my family after being abroad for a half year, or getting into college, or graduating from college, or landing my first job...nope. Instead, the happiest moment of my life was scoring the tie-breaking, winning point of the semifinals game of the backdoor bracket at Club Regionals, putting us in place to vie for the last spot to Nationals (which, as you know, we didn't make). It was a risky throw from my teammate into the front corner, where I laid out and caught the disc to win the game for my team.

If that isn't pure joy, I don't know what is. I remember diving, catching the disc, landing, and then realizing what that meant: that we had won the game! I got up and started screaming and jumping around as I tossed the disc in a sort of spirited celebration, and my teammates came screaming and running onto the field. Elation. That's what that was!

It's been three weeks since Regionals...*sigh*...I miss my Renegades.

1 comment:

  1. JESUS Min....awesome photos, so cool, and I think who's that lucky guy #4 holding my perfect daughter Min under the excuse of Frisbee??? Huh?? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete