Monday, April 4, 2011

the cherry blossoms!

The National Cherry Blossom Festival marks the arrival of Spring with a fanfare of beautiful white and pink cherry blossoms and an oppressive wave of weekend tourists in downtown Washington, DC. Last week, my boss sent me an email telling me that I should check out the cherry blossoms in their peak bloom period before Friday, April 1, the official end of the peak. He then came into my office 3 different times to talk to me about when I was going to see the blossoms and essentially forced me to re-arrange my work hours for Wednesday and Thursday so that I could see the blossom during a weekday; so I worked an extra 2 hours on Wednesday night so that I could come in late after a morning down by the tidal basin and the Jefferson Memorial the next morning. I took advantage of this bizarre opportunity and grabbed a quick breakfast with Christina and we went down to see the blossoms together. While it was a bit cold and the sky was gray, it was still beautiful!

After a lovely morning with the cherry blossoms, I headed back to the office to start my work day...with an exciting weekend with the Whiptail alumnae ahead of me! See my next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment