Tuesday, April 26, 2011

speaking up

It seems that the month of May will be a time during which I will have to become an adept public speaker.

On May 6, I'm presenting at the semi-annual meeting of the IWPR Board of Directors about two research projects coming out of IWPR's original survey data: one project on general economic insecurity and findings comparing data from 2007 and 2010 and another project (mine) on doubling up or cohabitation as a coping method in the face of recent financial difficulty.

On May 18, I'm speaking as a member of a three-person panel on Women and Social Security for the Women's Information Network (WIN) event "Week of WIN," their annual recruitment week. I'll be representing IWPR and our recently-formed Committee on Engaging Younger Women.

WOAH. Yes. I'm really, really, really nervous. This is the first time that I'll be presenting research in front of people in a context in which it doesn't affect just me, where I'll be representing an organization. I think it'll be an incredible experience, but I'm really quite nervous. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. MIN WISH YOU THE BEST LUCK TO BOTH PRESENTATIONS.
    I CANNOT IMAGINE A BETTER YOUNGADULT IN THE WORLD TO PRESENT ABOUT THOSE ISSUES NOW,IN FRONT OF THE DC AUDIENCE. I AM SO VERY MUCH PROUD OF YOU. THEY ARE LUCKY TO LIVE IN THE DC WHILE YOU ARE WORKING THERE : )
    LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

    ReplyDelete