Friday, February 5, 2010

Better

So, I don't really miss practice. Ever. But last night, after a crappy day that consisted of a weird resurgence of emotions that I thought I had left behind in 2009 and the onset of a horrendous cold that left me exhausted, blowing my nose a ton, and feeling ill all around, I realized 40 minutes before practice was to start that it wasn't going to happen. So instead, I did some work and video-chatted with Jin and Jenn until around 10:00pm and then went to bed listening to the comforting hum of my humidifier and some nighttime cold medicine in my belly. Nice.
Today was much better. This morning I had breakfast, and for once, they remembered to replenish the grapefruit tray, so I got to have grapefruit (YUM) and I chatted with a couple friends from the Whiptails who told me about yesterday night's practice. Then, I went to Pendleton and gave my presentation for International Macroeconomics about the American current account deficit and it went...FABULOUSLY!! I felt really good about it and successfully fielded a whole bunch of questions about the presentation. It almost made me want to be an Economics teacher or professor...who knows? Anything could happen at this point : )

Then, as I had depleted my source of cold medicine last semester, I went to CVS and went on a medicine shopping spree: claritin, sinus medicine, cold medicine, cough drops. Ugh. It hits the wallet hard. Especially when you can't find a freaking job on campus. I also needed to look for some winter clothes/gloves because I just can't seem to dress warm enough. I found $3.00 gloves in CVS. Nice. And at GAP, I got 2 sweaters for $4.95 and $9.95. No, I'm not lying. I love sales. You might think they're heinous, but I love 'em:
I should be at practice tonight, and then tomorrow morning I'm off to New Haven to see John's Alleycats Champagne Jamboree!! It'll be great to see him perform again and to meet up with John and Jenn...sadly, Jin can't make it :( But I'm hoping to make a trip out to Ithaca to visit her over a long weekend if I can! Maybe after it warms up a little, though, hehe.
Well, I'm going to start packing and do some work!

2 comments:

  1. Min, good to hear you are getting better and managed well. Maybe your body needed some rest :0
    You should have replenished some medicine inventory while we were at Target in Princeton!
    I LOVE THE SWEATERS!!!!!!! and I adore the GAP the end of the season sales, yah, some are really unbelivablely priced, good job....dress warmly. French speaking Economics professor will be so cool--and piano and frisbee...
    from JFK air port : ) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo i'm loving the sweaters!!!!
    miss you buddy. i could use some of your cold medicine...i guess my "if i think i won't, i won't get sick" theory failed this time through... Have fun in New Haven!

    ReplyDelete