Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Keep on keepin' on.

A couple nights ago, I had a nightmare that I received a rejection letter in the mail from the Poverty Action Lab at MIT (basically my first-choice for job opportunities as of now). It wasn't just a rejection letter though saying "thanks for applying but no". It was in the form of a high-school report card, and it critiqued me, pointing out flaws in my character, as well as rejecting my application to the position. I have to say that I haven't felt stressed out about it, or at least I don't think so...perhaps I am subconsciously stressed out?
I just submitted a few more job applications in the past couple weeks...haven't heard back yet. The thing that frustrates me the most is that we have no choice but to keep applying for jobs, but in most cases, we don't even get an automated message back indicating that we don't have to wait anymore. I know that it's a big job pool, a big economy. But we're people, too.

I'll be applying to a position at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston this weekend....whoopie. Although one nice thing is that I received two emails to my personal mailbox from the IRS with positions as an Economist and an Internal Revenue Agent. I don't know how they have my information, and I doubt that they actually see me as like a "preferred" candidate or anything, but it makes me feel better nonetheless!
I also will be attending a Not-for-Profit Job Fair this Friday afternoon, so that should be fun. Better shine my shoes and get my resumes ready!

Alright, dinnertime and then practice.

1 comment: