Monday, March 15, 2010

it's our birthday!

Someone asked me last week if celebrating a birthday was different because I've always had to share it with someone. I had never really thought about it, but it's true. For most people, their birthdays mean a day of ME. I by no means think it's undeserved, silly, or lame. In fact, I think it's wonderful that people get a chance to celebrate themselves for once instead of celebrating others...though in general, being happy for others is a pretty good feeling :)
But I thought long and hard about it, and you know what it, it IS different. I've always had someone to share it with somebody, my lovely twin sister. And though we've fought, and in high school we failed to ever have a birthday party because we couldn't agree on who to invite/where to have it/pretty much anything, I wouldn't have had it any other way.
My twin sister is incredibly strong, wonderfully talented in so many ways (painter, violinist, thinker, athlete, cook, comedian, expert sleeper at times, etc.), and while I'll never know what it would've been like to grow up without a twin, I don't think I really care to find out.

Happy 22nd Birthday, Jin! We made this far and I can't wait to see what life has in store for us next!


No comments:

Post a Comment