Monday, March 8, 2010

nice weekend with jenn

I just enjoyed a lovely but far-too-short weekend with my little sister Jenn, who came up to visit me to kick off her Spring Break! She took the train up from Swarthmore College (a long trip) and spent a few nights and days with me before heading home to be with Mom, Dad, and Sheba for the rest of her break. It was altogether just relaxing and low-key...unfortunately we both had tons of work to do so we ended up spending some time in the library, the student center, and at Peet's Coffee in the Ville doing work. But still, incredibly pleasant!
I was so happy to find that the weather would be gorgeous during her stay, and indeed, it was! Sun shining, temperature in the 50s, a light breeze, and blue clear skies! Wellesley at its finest, really :)
The picture to the left is of Jenn in front of Lake Waban when we took a walk near there to see how beautiful the view was. I have to say...she looks pretty natural/good in my Wellesley sweatshirt and in Wellesley scenery...maybe that means she belongs here? Just kidding, hehehe. She's too busy TAKING OVER Swarthmore!!
I just churned out a 7-page paper about the U.S.-China trade deficit...my policy proposal? Don't do anything. Basically. We'll see what my professor thinks about that. Hope he's a free-market kind of guy! Yikes!
After I turn in this paper tomorrow morning, I just have one more midterm exam and a big problem set standing between me and my last Spring Break trip with my beloved frisbee team! Speaking of ultimate frisbee, I unfortunately have to deal with some messy administrative/tryout stuff before Spring Break starts. As always, there's a lot of random tiresome things to do before the fun actually begins! A couple fun things to look forward within the next couple weeks: a party at Tufts that my friends and I are planning on going to, an outdoor scrimmage against Brandeis University's women's team, and perhaps a little birthday celebration for my 22nd birthday!
In 6 days, Jin and I are going to be 22 YEARS OLD. How old does that sound?? I sure would like to hear back about a job opportunity before the end of the month. Not likely. I think I hear back next month from a few of the opportunities. Before I leave for Georgia with the frisbee team, I need to submit a couple more applications. *sigh* It never ends!

Well, I'm off to bed. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment