Thursday, April 1, 2010

good, good, GOOD, then BAD day

Considering how ridiculous this week has been, today was a pretty damn good day. It was incredibly productive and enlightening, and I was in a really good mood. My Spanish presentation went superbly, I had a nice lunch with my friends (as usual), I went to a documentary screening (it was really really well done) hosted by a group I'm in called ANKHR (Advocates for North Korean Human Rights), I went to a really informative and inspiring alumnae panel about careers in Microfinance, and then I got an email from Professor Weerapana in the Economics department saying that my resume got passed on through the first cut for an opening at the Boston Federal Reserve Bank. AWESOME!!
Then, one of my worst nightmares came true. I'm not trying to be dramatic, I've literally had nightmares about things like this and woken up crying. At practice, we were starting our sprint workout for the day, a 5 x 200m sprints. As I was crossing the finish line for the first 200m, I was trying to avoid tripping somebody else who was just about to start her first 200m (we did them relay-ish style), I veered too suddenly to the right and my right foot rolled to the outside, and collapsed under my ankle which subsequently made a heinously loud popping sound. Then, I fell over, and it didn't even hurt at first, I kind of just sat there in shock and winced a little, and then I started sobbing and yelling about how "THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. OF COURSE THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME NOW OF ALL TIMES!" Yes, a flair for the dramatic. WHATEVER. You would be that frustrated to if you had the week I've been having and it was a week away from College Sectionals, the tournament I've been looking forward to and anticipating all year during your last year of college ultimate. Yeah, so I sobbed and screamed about the terrible timing.
I have no idea what the diagnosis is, but I can't walk on it at all, and I'm getting really fucking tired of hopping around on my left leg, and it's only been like 11 hours. I am going to see health services first thing when they open at freaking 9:00am because on our campus, medical emergencies only happen between 9am-4pm, so that's when the health center is open. I had my alarm set for about half an hour later, but my body woke me up nice and early so I can enjoy waiting around until the health center opens.

This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment