Thursday, April 15, 2010

Updates

Exciting news to report about my job search!
I had an interview for a Research Assistant position at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston last week, and I felt like it went really well. It was my first "real" phone interview, and we talked about the position itself, the structure of the bank, my career and academic experience, and we talked a lot about my schoolwork, specifically my papers about the U.S.-China Trade Deficit and my Econometrics final research paper about the effect of parental presence in childhood on long-term educational achievement in South Africa. I'm still waiting to hear back about a follow-up to see if I get moved on to the next round or not, but no matter what happens, I feel like the first round went well!
Then, next week, I'll be interviewing for the final round for the selection of the Marian K. Chamberlain Fellowship at the Institute for Women's Policy Research!! I'm a little bit nervous about it, but I'm hoping that just being myself and making evident my interests and passions will be enough!

My friends and I have all been hearing back about jobs here and there, getting second interviews, and it really feels strange to know that we're entering the realm of the real world soon. Bizarre.

Also, I just sent in my withdrawal from the French Teaching Assistantship Program. That was the one solid job that I had. Life, please show me that my faith in hard work and persistence is not unfounded! Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment